Slough’s thriving cultural amenities, rich history and proximity to Heathrow Airport are just a few of the reasons that make this area in demand amongst those looking to move outside of the London hustle to enjoy a more peaceful environment.
An abundance of interesting facts and figures are encompassed within the area and its appeal is only continuing to grow. Here are 10 interesting facts and figures about Slough that will prove its status as an unparalleled location for investment:
- Slough is home to an impressive 42 parks and open spaces, making it an ideal location for young families or those who want some fresh air away from the city.
- It has been estimated that by 2021, Slough’s population will increase by an impressive 18,154 people.
- The renowned Mars Bar was first manufactured in Slough in 1932 and the headquarters is still based there today.
- Slough’s unemployment rate is impressively low at just 1.4% (as of 2017) compared to the UK average of 4.5%.
- Today there are approximately 4,600 thriving businesses based in Slough, accommodating around 87,000 jobs.
- Slough is second only to London in the country for the highest concentration of global corporate headquarters.
- The average weekly salary in Slough is £606, which is above the UK average.
- Slough has been recognised as one of the 20 most competitive locations in the United Kingdom as the service, software and creative services, amongst many others, have significantly increased over recent years.
- Slough Railway station is served by First Great Western, which runs express services into London every half an hour, reaching London Paddington station in only 17 minutes.
- The legendary British band, The Beatles, began their first British tour in Slough in 1963.
Galliard Homes is pleased to present Skyline to the charming region of Slough; the development will comprise an exclusive assortment of remarkable studio suites, and one and two bedroom apartments that would be a perfect investment opportunity for first-time buyers and young professionals who need a short commute into the capital. One of the development's most impressive assets is that it is only an 11 minute walk away from Slough station, which offers direct journeys into Central London within 30 minutes.
Boasting hi-tech facilities, a contemporary design and an enviable location in one of London's prime commuter belts, Atria will undoubtedly live up to Galliard Homes' reputable standard.
Located with a 10 minute drive of Slough's exceptional local amenities, including the town's mainline station and Queensmere Observatory Centre, an apartment at Atria will be ideally suited for both owner-occupiers and investors. Each purchaser at Atria will benefit from a complimentary furniture pack when buying a property, as well as having their Stamp Duty fees paid.