10 Reasons to Invest in the City of London
Claimed to be the most competitive city in the world, London is a financial hub with unbeatable transport links.
New and exciting regeneration plans for residential, commercial and retail space will further improve this strong and thriving city and the City of London is in the centre of it all. So what are the key reasons as to why you should invest in the City of London?
- The headquarters of some of the biggest banks are located in the City of London such as Lloyds Banking Group and Standard Chartered, making London an economically safe place to live and invest.
- The economy in London is predicted to increase at a rate faster than New York and Paris and is even said to become the fourth largest city economy in the world by 2020. This means that there will be many business opportunities available for those who wish to bring their knowledge and experience to the city.
- Property prices have risen at a rate faster than any other region in the UK in the last decade.
- Rents are rising at a faster rate than house prices with a 4.1% increase in April 2015.
- The City of London offers investors the opportunity to buy luxury property such as Galliard Homes’ St Mary at Hill; a classical and elegant collection of 10 bespoke apartments which showcase luxury at its best.
- Outstanding investment schemes have been put into place regarding transport such as Crossrail, which will drastically improve the connectivity of the city and will help to increase property price in the City and across the capital. Liverpool Street is one of the stations that will benefit greatly from this renovation with new entrances to the station and ticket offices also opening in Moorgate.
- Tourism is a fundamental aspect that contributes towards the economy; the City of London is where many of London’s great attractions such as St Paul’s Cathedral and the Museum of London are situated.
- The City of London has the advantage of being home to many attractive and popular markets such as Leadenhall Market and Smithfield Market, which was in fact the setting for Diagon Alley in the very famous Harry Potter films.
- Investing in the City is a great opportunity to be close to some of the best universities in the world such as King's College London. This is an attractive feature for overseas investors in particular to immerse their children in the rich historical culture that London has to offer as well as giving them the chance to be educated at such prestigious establishments.
- The City provides employment for approximately 400,000 workers and only continues to grow as employment in the City has completely outperformed the rest of UK.