Why Wandsworth Is a Property Hotspot
Located in South-West London, the London Borough of Wandsworth has become a property hotspot in recent years. Made up of popular areas such as Tooting, Battersea, Nine Elms, and Balham, this thriving borough is the epicentre of much of South-West London’s regeneration.
This once industrial suburb has been transformed into a now trendy and in-demand location. But what is it about Wandsworth that is so appealing to property purchasers?
Why is Wandsworth so Popular?
It seems like everyone is moving to Wandsworth lately. First-time buyers are flocking to the area as locations such as Tooting – which is located on the Northern line – are particularly in-demand thanks to the vast swathe of new-build developments regenerating the area. Nearby Wimbledon Common is also a draw to young buyers seeking ample green space to hang out with friends in the summer, whilst the transport connections in the area make commuting into Central London a breeze.
For families, good schools and a friendly community feel are highly appealing. Those wishing to raise children in the capital but with somewhat lower property prices find that this pocket of London ticks many boxes.
Buy-to-Let investors are also showing a keen interest in the London Borough of Wandsworth. With rental demand in this location particularly high, investing in property here is a lucrative decision. Wandsworth has seen a 7.3% increase in rental prices, with neighbouring Wimbledon also experiencing a 6.1% rise. These significant rises confirm that the post-pandemic recovery is well underway here. With rental stock availability at an all-time low, Buy-to-Let investors considering a new property in Wandsworth can expect a healthy return.
7 Reasons Why You Should Choose Wandsworth
- The London Borough of Wandsworth has one of the UK’s lowest council tax rates. Which, considering how expensive it can be to live in London, is a great advantage.
- Wandsworth Crime and Safety Statistics suggest that the area is among the top 10 safest areas in London, with a 19% lower crime rate than the London average.
- Tooting was named as one of Lonely Planet’s favourite lesser-known neighborhoods in the world. Tooting’s charm, multiculturalism and proximity to Wimbledon helped rank the area.
- Wandsworth is covered by the Northern line which offers great connections across London, making it easy to get around the capital.
- If you enjoy eating and drinking, you certainly won’t be short of places to explore in Wandsworth. Two Michelin-starred restaurants can be found in the borough along with many quirky eateries and some cheaper eats. Garratt Lane – which runs from Wandsworth High Street to Tooting Broadway – is particularly awash with great pubs, bars and restaurants.
- From fancy detached houses to luxury new-build apartments, Wandsworth has something to offer every type of purchaser.
- Wandsworth is surrounded by plenty of beautiful open spaces. From Clapham Common to Wimbledon Park, residents won’t be short of places to walk the dog or enjoy a picnic.
Property Near Wandsworth
Situated just off Wandsworth High Street, Galliard’s sell-out development, Jessica House, is back for phase three! Four new beautiful apartments are being constructed on the first floor, made up of a mix of one and two bedroom properties. Completion is expected to take place in Q1/Q2 2022.
Find out more about Jessica House.
Comprising two superb residential buildings, Stadia One and Stadia Three, Wimbledon Grounds is home to over 600 brand-new homes. A mixture of apartments and maisonettes can be found at this exciting new development, offering great homes for first-time buyers just getting onto the ladder, and more established buyers wishing to upsize.
The mixed-use scheme will also be home to some great on-site amenities including a fitness centre and squash court, whilst a concierge service is also on-hand to help with any day-to-day requests from residents.
Find out more about Wimbledon Grounds or explore our flats for sale in Wimbledon.